Monday, November 12, 2007

Weekend Away

I was lucky enough to escape and enjoy a fun girl's trip this weekend... seven great friends, tons of shopping, too much food and lots of laughter. I loved being in Phoenix with my Chicago book club friends. These friends have been with me through many of life's difficult moments. We really connect... and not just because we all have blonde hair!


Here are a few pictures of us (there were not many from the vacation, I was having too much fun to pull out the camera). Can you guess what is going on in the bottom right picture (hint: those are dryer sheets)? Winner gets a tip on where to find the BEST gelato outside of Italy.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Well, I can't win since I was with you but I just wanted to say I'm glad you posted something. You got some good pictures- I took none, of course. Typical me. Thanks for making it a great weekend roomie!

Lauren said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I have no idea about the picture. I'm guessing it's some sort of game? Or are you repelling mosquitoes? :)
Mmmm...gelato! There are a couple of good places here in Texas that I crave constantly!

amber said...

What a blast! I thought you guys were doing yoga in that picture with the dryer sheets...
I would love to know the name of this fantastic gelato place...please tell!

Pauline said...

I'm guessing you're cleaning black marks off the floor. Please tell! The pictures and stories are great, Emi. Don't I have the world's cutest grandchildren?

Emily Strat said...

Emi,
LOVE your blog! You are so creative and inspire us all to be a little more creative ourselves. Your girls are absolutely beautiful! What a combo you and Steve make! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Missing you tons!

jennifer.e said...

Emi,
I've finally figured out how to get into your blog! What fun pics. I agree with Emily. You're girls are BEAUTIES. Wow. I sure miss you! Love, Jen