Monday, February 04, 2008

Apologies: 6 Year-Old Style

Yesterday there was a problem at Grandma's house. Today Ella wrote apology letters.

***

Dear Anna:

I'm sorry that I said it was okay to ride in a basket down the stairs. I've done it before at my own house, but I've never done it with the whole staircase. I've done it, but I don't really remember how many stairs I went down. But it was pretty much a number really close to four. I'm really, really sorry that I did what I did. I'm sorry you got hurt. I should have obeyed Grandma.

Love,
Ella

***

Dear Grandma:

I should have obeyed you, but instead I didn't. You knew that something was going to happen. And something did happen. Anna got hurt. She hurt herself very, very badly. And it made a big dent in the wall. Now, Grandpa has to fix the dent in the wall. That is going to cost a lot of money, and take a lot of time. I am so sorry that I did what I did. I will be better at obeying you, I am practicing obedience at home. I'm doing really well.

Love,
Ella

***

Dear Grandpa:

I am really, really sorry that I did what I did. I got the basket and Anna hurt herself riding down the stairs in it. And she bonked her head into the wall. It made a big dent. I'm sorry that you will have to fix it. It will cost a lot of money. Maybe I can sell something to help pay. How about gingerbread cookies?

Love,
Ella

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, my goodness! That is so cute and funny and shocking all at the same time! We've had our share of mishaps here, too, when kids are being kids....

Brooke said...

Those letters are priceless! I'm so glad you recorded them for future generations. That way they'll know their mom/Grandma Ella/great-grandma wasn't perfect (because trust me, most people would think so).

kelly said...

I did the exact same thing when I was small.
My cousin broke her arm. But luckily, no dented wall!

Lauren said...

That is just so adorable. I know it didn't seem so at the time, I'm sure, but her words, the letters...those are darling and priceless. Kids sure know how to get into mischief don't they? Is Anna okay? Your cute little Ella! We just love her! (And Louisa too!)