Monday, February 18, 2008

The Crash

Steve and I enjoyed a sunny afternoon of President's Day skiing at Alta!

The day ended with a BANG! when we were hit by a UTA bus. The bus driver was speeding down a hill in the Alta parking lot. The bus missed most of our XTerra, but just happened to catch on the bumper and give us it's best attempt to rip it off (slamming our car 3 feet to the side in the process).

We are frustrated that the crash will be followed with an extensive investigation of finding fault (and likely litigation), as well as many days of repair work. But we count our blessings that the car is still driveable and neither of us were hurt.


Pictures from the scene of the accident. Note the irony of the
bus billboard which says, "Slow is for Ketchup."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh no! I can't believe that! I'm so sorry you have to go through that...what a pain! I'm glad no one was hurt! My goodness! "Slow is for ketchup" indeed!