Friday, April 11, 2008

Playin' Possum

Just came home from dropping off the babysitter after our Friday night date.

All was good.

Then I hit a Possum. In our driveway. On accident. It screamed loudly at me, did a wild dance, then ran and hid inside some blocks by our garage.

What do I do now? Leave it? Look for it tomorrow? Call animal control?

It is quite cute (except for the scream, the glowing eyes... oh, and the limp).

Update 9:45 a.m., 4/12: Possums don't live in Utah. And this animal had a longish bushy tail with a pink nose and no markings (as we would expect with a raccoon). Any help you can provide to identify the animal?

Update 10:13 a.m., 4/12: Maybe a baby ferret? And would that mean it was someone's pet? If so, I feel terrible. I'm going to go check to see if it is still hiding.

Update 10:45 a.m., 4/12: The animal is gone. Just spoke with my neighbor Emily, who confirmed a ferret sighting last night (15 minutes prior to our arrival home). As their family was driving down our street, they saw the animal. It ran under their car also.

Anyone lost a pet ferret? Or is this a wild (however untrained in the ways of the world) animal?

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Yuuuuuuuuuck! I'm scared of possums. They are like big rats. Which I am also scared of. Really. That sounds terrible... do post a follow-up! :)

Brooke said...

A possum? I didn't think we had those around here. Crazy!

SARAH said...

What new restaraunt did you find near 106th? We'd love to get together.

Lauren said...

There are wild ferrets (native to Wyoming), but I don't know if you'd see them in Utah or not...could be someone's pet? Any updates?

Rachel said...

Can't wait to hear the end of this one!

LisaRD said...

Thanks so much for the invitation to your blog--it was great to see you at Conference too. Your mom will be wonderful, as always. Looking forward to staying in touch (more than the random sightings at or after church events!).