Sunday, April 27, 2008

Teaching Moment

I've been thinking today about this memorable moment Ella shared with her Nanna and cousin Sarah, after the most recent General Young Women meeting on March 29th, 2008.

Mom gave an amazing talk (in my opinion, one of her very best both in content and delivery) to a packed Conference Center. The talk is now online here to read, hear or view.

After the meeting, she was told she would need to deliver her address once more due to a microphone malfunction.

Waiting for the camera men, Nanna and her cheering section took their places:


Nanna is pointing out that
they are being featured on the jumbotron screens!
Note that Ella is sitting in as President.


While performing the sound check, Ella and Sarah were able to enjoy a teaching moment, where they learned from Nanna - while standing center stage - about the walnut tree grown by President Hinckley which later became the Conference Center podium.



I am grateful for the many heartfelt sermons that have been taught from this pulpit, including lessons, such as this, taught simply at unexpected moments.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

How cool. That is an experience to treasure. I hope Ella always remembers it.

Lauren said...

What an incredible experience. So amazing! Your mom is so special. I just love her. Ella looks adorable in glasses. Is that a new development? Too cute!

Heidi said...

It's fun to catch a glimpse of her cousin, too! Are they the same age? How fun to have such a fun grandma and a cute little cousin to share her with!

go boo boo said...

That is precious. I haven't been able to see/read her talk, I can't wait.

go boo boo said...

That WAS a great talk. I think my favorite so far too. She's funny. I think we should run in big red Utah shirts. And also, I'm a bit intimidated now that I know you have marathon genes.

Rachel said...

I can attest that it was a wonderful talk. My Emi wasn't quite 12 yet but she and I watched it at home that evening. Even my 9-year-old and 6-year-old sat and listened during her entire talk. You've got to be a pretty good speaker to keep Lizzie's (the 6-year-old) attention! One funny thing, my friend, Amy, just ran the Boston Marathon and she wore a shirt from the Huntsville, Utah half-marathon. By the end of the race people were shouting "Alabama" to her as she ran by thinking she was from Huntsville, Alabama. She says next time she is wearing a shirt that says Amy!