Saturday, August 16, 2008

First Swim Meet

Swimming Breathstroke

Ella's first-ever swim meet was held this morning in Draper. We attended as a family to cheer for her as she competed in the 25 meter freestyle, backstroke and breathstroke events. Ella's best event was the breathstroke, even though she was found to be assessing the competition (daughter of a friend I grew up with) mid-swim.

It has been fun for us to find routine this summer in morning practices at Steiner, where Ella participated in the Swim-to-Win program.

After Swimming Backstroke


Ella with her friend Leah.
These two were the only girls on the "8 & Under" team.



Ella says, "Swimming in a meet made me feel like swimming is my sport. It made me like swimming even more! I hope that next summer I can swim on a team again."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Way to go Ella! We are so proud of you! Julia loves the swim team too! Breaststroke is also her favorite & best stroke!