Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring


Today was a beautiful day for many reasons: one being that on this first day of spring, together, Ella, Steve and I attended the 4th session of the Draper Temple Dedication.

We sat in the Celestial Room (thanks to our brother-in-law Monte) at the foot of the prophets.

About the experience Ella said, "I even got to shake President Monson's hand! He sought me out from the other side of the room, he asked me my name, and he told me I was beautiful. I want to remember this moment. During the dedication, I could hear more than I could see; meaning there was only a choir of 30, but we could hear thousands singing beautifully. And the Hallelujah shout was great because you could really feel the Spirit. Today I learned that temples always are peaceful places and the Spirit of God can come and attend with us."

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the temple. I used it in my class today and it was perfect. Ella- you're lovely, thank you for sharing.

Bob Conlon said...

That is so great. We went to the last session. It was a great experience for us. My girls especially learned patience, with all the waiting.

Lauren said...

Wow! What an amazing experience! Ella, you have a beautiful testimony!

heather said...

What a beautiful experience. We just visited eh grounds for the first time yesterday and took pictures. We are so blessed to have so many temples in Utah.