Thursday, September 09, 2010

First Day of School

Both girls just outside the door
to a new year of learning.

This year, for the first time, both Ella and Louisa will be attending the same school! They are both so excited to see each other on the playground and in the hallways.

I, on the other hand, am not sure how I feel about my little girls growing older, bigger and more independent. I have loved the time we have spent together this summer and am not ready to see such a good thing end!

Ella seems to "know the ropes" and is willing to share her comfort level with school with Louisa. And Louisa, lacking such "expertise" has leaned on Ella for guidance (as well as hand-me-down shirts and socks!).

So, when the noon dismissal of Kindergarten came, I anxiously awaited the visual report of Louisa's first day...


...and her smile says it all: Success!

No comments: