Monday, March 21, 2011

Bumpa's Birthday!

On Saturday, March 19th my dad turned 66 years old!
Below is a tribute from two of his adoring granddaughters:
Bumpa enjoying a BYU basketball victory on his birthday!

Louisa:
I love when Bumpa tells stories of when he was little. Like the time when he pointed at a magazine with a picture of a monkey and said, "That was me when I was a baby."

Ella:
I love that whenever he sees us, he says, "Hi, boys!"

Louisa:
When he tells stories, he says, "When I was a little girl..."

Ella:
Bumpa loves Gatorade!

Louisa:
And he is always willing to share the Gatorade!
That means he likes us the most. He is willing to share everything.
We look up to you, Bumps!

Ella:
Bumpa works so hard - especially in the yard.
I remember one day that we worked with him in the yard so much. Then the neighbors came by, so we worked in their yard too!
I bet the neighbors appreciated that!

Louisa:
When we give Bumpa a kiss, he wiggles air in his cheeks.
And when we push on his puffy cheek, the other one fills up!

I also like that Bumpa likes to hike in the mountains.
When I hike with Bumpa, it is really fun... because Bumpa is fun!
Ella:
I love that every morning Bumpa wakes up and runs - no matter what the weather is.
That keeps him energized and productive.

I love how much fun it is when we go to Cafe Rio together.

Louisa:
It is fun when he tells jokes.

Ella:
And I love his silly smile!
He is so much fun. He is the best "Bumps" ever.

Louisa:
I love my Bumpa.

1 comment:

Sims Family said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Steve! I have to say, 66 was a bad year for my dad, so keep healthy and make it a great one! :)