Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Additional Reports of the 2011
American Mothers National Convention

Yesterday I related my experiences attending the 2011 American Mother National Convention.

But don't take my word for it... following are more eyewitness accounts of the events:

Deseret News Article:
Utah Hosts National Celebration of Motherhood


Key Points from Sheri Dew's Speech at Saturday's Gala (where the National Mother of the Year, Ernestine Allen, was announced), titled: The Influence of Mothers


Wonderful Posts from Andrea, State President of American Mothers in Texas:
Highlights of National Convention
(this is a do not miss summary of many of the events of the weekend)
Gems from the Mother of the Year Speeches
Summary of Young Mother Speeches


Shawni Pothier's reaction to being announced as Young Mother of the Year:
Her blog post titled: "My Weekend"
Shawni's Speech


Linda Eyre's recap of the weekend (Linda is Shawni's wonderful mother):
"Whiney, Worried Child Becomes National Mother of the Year"


LDS Living article on LDS Women Honored by American Mothers


Sideshows of photos from the events of the National Convention can be found online here and here.

1 comment:

Sunshine Promises said...

It's so fun to hear you talk about this conference. I only wish I would have known about it months ago. I would have LOVED to attend! I signed up for the organization months ago. What opportunities are available to members?