Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Confessions of a Pajama-Clad Mom

* I long for another child, and am working to reconcile my physical experiences (dealing with infertility and a lack of confirmation regarding proceeding forward on pursuing adoption) with spiritual experiences.
* If you were to come to my home on any given morning, you would likely find all the beds made, the dishes done, the laundry in process... and me looking like a wreck in either my pajamas or exercise clothes!
* I drop my girls off at school way too often with my teeth unbrushed, wearing my coke-bottle glasses and pajamas.
* I am missing the "cinema" section of my brain. I most-often (95% of the time) fall asleep in movies. On the rare occasion when I do remain awake, I rarely remember having seen the movie another or two down the road. Yet, I have a new-found, fond love for the Downton Abbey television series on PBS.
* When I am upset, I can usually find some way to tie Steve to the problem (who is not the problem). Poor guy. Yet he takes it all so lovingly.
* I clean my house way too much. I really need to start reading more books, making more quilts, and exercising with friends more often.
* I eat way too much candy. My favorites vices are all red: cinnamon bears, hot tamales and swedish fish.
* I hate spending money (except on my kids lessons, portraits of my kids, original art from relatively unknown (but famous to me!) artists, and picture frames {to display the art and portraits of the kids}), but I love the idea of spending other peoples money for them! If you know me well, I will often suggest what you should buy for your home, your kids or yourself.
* The opportunity to represent Utah as Young Mother of the Year has provided so many amazing opportunities, yet has placed a microscope for me on my faults as a mother. I am trying my best, yet often fall short and find myself inadequate and leaning on the windows of heaven for strength and guidance.

10 comments:

MMW said...

Dear Ms. Emi - It is good, reassuring and also humbling that such an extraordinary woman who has recently wrapped-up her year of celebrity as "Young Mother of the Year" is also a normal and regular mom too! I'm laughing my way through your confessions of too much candy, wearing pajamas while driving girls to school, going out with unbrushed teeth, and connecting one's husband with trials in life. You're a gem! Please keep blogging even though your year of tenure is over! Love your glimpses and insights. xoxo MMW

Emi Edgley said...

MMW: This post has been in draft with a future publish date, an I have been delaying it every day since written. Funny that I lost track of time today and it self-published! My secrets are out. And I am glad you'll still come around even if I have night-breath. EDE P.S. Your blog is lovely and I, too am in love with the quilt pictured!

Brodi Ashton said...

After reading this list, I'm thinking we should hang out more! I see myself in so many of these. :)

Michelle said...

Love your list. Actually I could use some of your traits-- my house is messy and I am really good at spending money. :) And Brodi's a friend of yours? I just read her book.

DisabilityDiva said...

I'm glad you shared this with all of us! You are an amazing mom! Finding our purpose in whatever season is difficult. Maybe we should exercise together:) HUGS Emi thank you for your real life!

tralina said...

I love this, especially the more quilting part :) I was hoping to find out more about the health of your family members. I hope they are all doing well!

Lori Conger, said...

Confessions are a very brave and honest way to express life, even when posted by accident:)I find in you a truly humble, inspired woman, and I have no doubts your deepest desires will be met in the best ways possible, even if not today. And as far as confessions go, I keep telling myself I should probably step things up a bit now that I am the new YMOY, but so far it hasn't happened. Oh well. I will probably always be addicted to chocolate, wear no make-up on weekdays and struggle to get dinner on the table. Missed you today at the board meeting. Hope all is well.

Janice said...

You are beautiful inside and out!

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Samantha said...

Please update your blog!!