Thursday, February 02, 2012

A Return to Virtue


Many of you have seen and read my mom's book: A Return to Virtue.

I am biased, but want to recommend it as reading that is pertinent to the lives we are living (and aiming to live).

In the book, my mom relays her experiences and insights gained by running multiple marathons with the race of life. Through spiritual insight and personal stories, she endorses a virtuous lifestyle of strict training, being more fit for the kingdom, and setting our course to focus on the finish.

Within the pages, she teaches how purity yields sustaining power. "I have embarked on a journey to reinstate the word virtue into our vocabulary and our lives," my mom writes. "We call for a social reform, but what is really needed is a moral reform—a call for a return to virtue."

"A Return To Virtue" can be purchased in Deseret Book stores or online.

2 comments:

Sims Family said...

I read this book, also. I would recommend it - loved it. And I am less biased than you. :)

Esther Benn said...

I love your mother's talks on virtue and I'm really looking forward to buy and then reading the book myself in a couple of weeks, when I'll be in UT for General Conference!! :)