Saturday, April 07, 2012

The Colors of Easter


When we picture the colors of Easter, I picture in my mind colored Easter eggs and brightly colored ribbons on baskets. I picture the rebirth of spring with the associated daffodils and tulips, as well as butterflies, birds and bumblebees.

We celebrate Easter with colors, because deep symbolism can be tied to the colors that represent this season!

I have compiled a document - and included it below - which I will use to teach Primary Sharing Time tomorrow, on Easter Sunday outlining the symbolism I see in the colors around us. It is my hope that we can use look at these colors with new eyes, and better appreciate what our Lord has done for each of us.

I feel a depth of gratitude for what Jesus was willing to suffer for me. God gave his Only Begotten son, and was willing to allow him to suffer and die for us, so Jesus Christ could come forth from the tomb, bringing the light and life of the Resurrection.

No comments: